6/05/2013

Beautiful Saint-Paul de Vence | Its Sweeping Views

Saint-Paul de Vence and its surroundings gently roll down to the sea
We spilled out of our tour bus at the village entrance, and instead of follow the herd like a good sheep, I turned around and walked away from the village. Where is she going? they probably thought. Don't get me wrong; I couldn't wait to explore this medieval village known as Saint-Paul de Vence, but first, I wanted a picture of the whole enchilada. 



The bus ride to this picturesque destination produced some stunning views and I was determined to capture a few. I would soon see that it was a good decision and well worth the walk down the steep hill.




Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.




With cloud cover softening the look, a photo in sepia looks pretty cool

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous6/11/2013

    No drive-ins? On French TV, I see that they now have some, called...les drives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara, where were these "les drives"? I'm curious.. In my town (just outside of Cannes) the locals were adamant. They would never allow American drive-thrus to be a part of their culture! Just mention the benefits of a drive-thru at the boulangerie to the next Frenchman you speak with. Get ready for lots of hand gesutres and scoffing!! : )

    ReplyDelete